Tokyo: Asakusa Part I

December 7, 2014

Kaminarimon (Kaminari Gate)
Nakamise Shopping Street - lots of souvenirs for sale
Sensoji Temple
We woke up bright and early on a Saturday to go to Asakusa. I was excited! But I was not prepared for the surge of crowd there. We should have went Friday instead of the weekend but we had no choice. We were leaving Tokyo the next day. 

We braved the crowd in Asakusa. It was packed! And instead of walking in the middle of the busy street full of stores and tourists - we used the side streets. It was much easier and less crowded.

We visited several temples and it was crazy packed. I barely managed to escape the throngs of people while throwing coins in front of the shrine. It was worth it! 

Maybe next time, I will try to come here on a weekday and hopefully it won't be as busy.

4 comments

Thank you for your comment. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Latest Instagrams

© Christine Loves to Travel. Design by Fearne.