Arenal Hanging Bridges Part I

April 7, 2014

Waking up early in the morning to start a full day of activity in Arenal. A and I wanted to go to Arenal Hanging Bridge first for the 2 hour hike. After enjoying a complimentary breakfast from our hotel, we set off to drive to Arenal. We enjoyed the scenic view on the road.
Early morning view from the lookout point. The volcano was covered with clouds early in the morning.
The entrance fee to the Hanging Bridge was $24 per person for a self guided tour. We usually like to explore on our own so we didn't hire a guide. If you really want to get an in-depth knowledge of all the wildlife and flora and fauna, then you should definitely hire a guide. The guides also has state of the art equipments for birdwatching.
Huge trees that greeted us at the entrance
I felt like we were on a Tarzan movie!
First hanging bridge encounter
I looked terrified. I was hanging on to the sides very tightly.
More of our jungle experience soon..

2 comments

  1. This is heavenly!! So much green! I'm terrified of hanging bridges, so kudos for stepping on it! Love your photos, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was scared too but I tried not to look down and enjoy the scenic view instead ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Latest Instagrams

© Christine Loves to Travel. Design by Fearne.